How to Measure the Success of a Paas Strategy?
Management problems become more and more important as our country moves towards a civilized market. Moreover, the effectiveness of management is equally worried about the heads of both small and medium-sized and large enterprises. And their problems are in many ways similar: they are choosing the right strategy, building an effective organizational structure, recruiting and training personnel, and motivating their work.
How to Measure the Success of an Enterprise?
In the last decade, a new problem has arisen in increasing the efficiency of the enterprise: the use of the potential of knowledge as one of the main sources of competitiveness. Moreover, knowledge management is essentially an integrating element of management, permeating all its other elements, launching and maintaining a constant process of changes and transformations. Thus, knowledge management becomes a connecting process through which the enterprise makes a profit, relying on the systematic, comprehensive use of intellectual capital.
Of course, various approaches have a right to exist and are useful from the point of view of the professional performance of specialized management functions, among which marketing, strategy, and personnel stand out first of all. But, from the position of the head of the enterprise, who is responsible for the key aspects of the activity: for the future of the enterprise, the effectiveness of the construction and interaction of management bodies, the selection, and professionalism of the personnel, the science and practice of management is important as a set of interconnected elements, because in practice everything is interconnected:
- from the qualifications and experience of management personnel depends on the correctness of the chosen strategy;
- the management structure can help or, conversely, hinder the implementation of the strategy;
- the efficiency of an enterprise depends not least on the ability to build a motivation system and a knowledge management system. These difficult tasks are set by the manager and are looking for their solution as a professional manager, naturally, relying on the help and advice of narrow specialists.
The Main Principle of Paas Strategy
Paas strategy is one of the most popular directions for the development of the info-communication industry. Around the world, telecom operators are deploying computing platforms to provide cloud services to large corporations, small and medium-sized businesses, and private users. Security is one of the most pressing concerns for businesses. In this regard, ensuring the safety and reliability of the network infrastructure is a must.
The value of cloud services lies in the fact that they help to manage not the infrastructure, but information, providing prompt and efficient access to the necessary data. Because enterprises are, at their core, information hubs, this allows enterprise IT to focus on their unique business priorities. Paas departments are expected to follow a long list of conflicting requirements in their operations, such as:
- Rapid deployment of applications and provision of web services to customers, often without a proportionate increase in the budget for hardware, software, and personnel.
- Significant reduction in capital and operating expenses while maintaining a high level of security and confidentiality.
- Maintaining the traditional Paas infrastructure that is no longer able to support the growing number of personal devices, including tablets, smartphones, and laptops of employees and customers.
- Allocation of sufficient bandwidth to support significant fluctuations in traffic volumes in the network, taking into account high activity during seasonal peaks and quiet periods in another period.
- Competition with other businesses, many of which are trying to differentiate themselves in the market through the services they offer to their clients.